Success tips

Tip 3: This tip speaks to me the most  because participating is something I struggle with a lot even in high school I wasn’t the person to raise my hand to answer the questions. But reading the slideshow on how participating is helpful  towards your education.  I understand that I have to work on that and challenge myself to at least raise my hand once and build my way up. Hopefully I can get better at this because this is something that is necessary in school and outside it’s a way to work together with others and communicate. Especially when it comes to having a job this is a crucial skill to have.   

Tip 5: I usually struggle in meeting the deadlines for assignments. I either turn it in late or leave it for the last minute. In high school my professors were very lenient with assignments, there was always makeup for missing homework.  But in college that’s not the case once the deadline is met there is no turning in late work which is something I need to adopt myself too. Especially if that affects my grade and learning process. I can see why turning in assignments on time is important, it can help you better understand the material that was taught in class.

2 thoughts on “Success tips”

1. Hey Ariana when I was in high school I would also always struggle turning in assignments late and sometimes not turn it in at all. But as soon as college started I feel like it was a reality check since everything all depends on us, none of our professors will be on top of us to do our work. So our grade is whatever work we put in.

2. You write well! And you give clear explanations.

Truth be told — me too! I had a hard time participating when I was in graduate class or in a meeting with group of colleagues. Sometimes, I think everyone is smarter than me and I am scared to volunteer my thoughts. But after I find the courage to speak out, I usually find that other people felt the same way or they had things to add to my comment. So with practice I gained more confidence in sharing my voice in groups.