Intro- Vanessa Marquez

Hello, my name is Vanessa Marquez Mora. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. My ethnicity is Salvadorian and Mexican. My first language was Spanish then English. Something I want to learn is sign language and morse code. Ever since I was little, I wanted to travel the world but mostly travel to Paris. On April I got the opportunity to travel all over Europe. I got to go on tour, try many diverse types of food from France, Spain and more. When I came back from traveling, I then got the opportunity to adopt a cat. His name is Rocky. My family has a huge part to play in my future career.  Half of my family members are in the medical field, and we can say that they boost up my interest even more. Whenever I have free time, I always bake. I love baking, I can bake cupcakes, cake pops, cake, chocolate covered strawberries (my favorite), brownies and more. Something I cannot bake are macaroons. They are hard to make and take a long time for them to set (15+hrs).  

After my classes I go to work. I work at Amazon as a project coordinator. I love my job. I sometimes conduct webinars, help other managers across the team with projects and help partners across the world such as China or London team up with Amazon. I also love buying flowers and house plants. I have so many in my house. I read then and there. I like reading poems and romantic books. One of my favorite writers is Rupi Kaur. Her books are amazing. I love watching movies, one of my favorite childhood movie is Coraline.  

3 thoughts on “Intro- Vanessa Marquez”

1. Wow — your job sounds like you already have a career and are successful working woman!

I am interested in your trip to Europe. It sounds like an interesting story: Was this a trip with school friends? How did it change your outlook on your educational life? Was it the capstone of your high school education? Was it a part of your learning process? Can this be some thing to write about for the education narrative assignment?

Did this trip to Europe “save” you? GIve you a new outlook on your Education?

Not sure if these questions make sense and could lead you to the Ed Narrative, but think about it.