Intro–Miah Segura

Hey, my name is Miah, but it is not pronounced as maya… it’s pronounced as Mia but just a silent H added at the end. Never quite understood why my dad spelled it that way but my mom was the one who named me after one of her favorite characters in which was once an extremely popular telenovela Rebelde. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, and my first language was Spanish. I am currently working as a Pharmacy Technician which sparked my interest in getting into the health care profession which is why I chose Radiology. Of course, this was not my first career path that came to mind, in James Madison high school (my former school) I was given the opportunity to be in the Pre-Education House, a program that gave a chance for a unique experience for students who were interested in entering a career in education, through my experience I was able to increase my skills in public speaking, leadership, and management skills. 

I have an older sister I am close to, and even being 3 years apart, we always get told we look like twins. My mom is my biggest supporter, and she is my biggest inspiration. I am a great listener and organizer. I love chocolate and I love fall /winter. My favorite holidays are both Halloween and Christmas. I love to travel but only traveled to Puerto Rico and Mexico. I would love to travel to Japan. I prefer watching movies rather than watching shows, I have a bad habit of starting show series and never watching them through.  

5 thoughts on “Intro–Miah Segura”

1. Hi Miah I was also born and raised in Brooklyn. I also speak Spanish but not really a lot. Like I’m not fluent at it like others but I can speak a good amount of it. That is interesting about the program that they offer at your school. I didn’t know they offered that program there.

2. Hey Miah, my mother also watches a ton of telenovela and sometimes i watch it with her. She is also my biggest supporter and inspiration. I as well enjoy the fall and winter hoodie season is the best. I would like to travel to Japan also and visit Tokyo. If that is your sister in your photo you guys do look alike.

3. Hey Miah,

I like how you have a unique way of spelling your name even though I know from experience correcting people can be very annoying. Would you ever want to get back to teaching even if it’s tutoring on the side or something? I also prefer watching movies rather than shows because I like being able to get the whole story beginning to end in one sitting. what is your favorite genre of movie and do you have a favorite? I also love traveling and seeing different countries and cultures I would love to go to Europe and explore the different parts.

4. Hey Miah I am also majoring in radiology and I have a sister who’s two years apart from me and whenever me and her walk I to the room together people always ask if we’re twins.

5. Thanks for the picture of you with your sister — lovely!

Working as a pharmacy technician sounds like a serious job and that you learning to be responsible. It’s a great introduction to the health professions — congrats on getting this job!