Mentor Text Analysis – Nason

At the start of the op-ed article, “I Make Video Games. I Won’t Let My Daughters Play Them.” by William Siu, Gavin Newsom, the governor of California, took steps to protect the security of minors. This attracted the audience. Siu uses information on the effects of video games from his old company’s data project, as well as from Brigham University and other sources. By utilizing personal experiences and emotive pleas, Siu introduces a narrative perspective. By connecting video game addiction with a need for chocolate cake, the text uses imagery. The text’s narrative arc starts with logos, is supported by ethos, and is concluded with pathos with solutions to the problem. The 20 paragraphs of the opinion piece can be read in five minutes. Siu communicates with his target audience, which is primarily parents, by combining personal anecdotes to appear as worried parents to support him. like this op-ed, I would make sure that all of the data I present is important to my subject and bolsters my assertion. I would do this by working hard and investing time in my work.

1 thought on “Mentor Text Analysis – Nason”