Annotated Source 1 Picture — Odalys

“As Many Americans Get COVID-19 Vaccines and Financial Support, Undocumented Immigrants Keep Falling through the Cracks.” Time, time.com/5944806/undocumented-immigrants-covid-19/.

My second source, my op-ed will be:

Perez, Rocio. “Op-Ed: My Immigrant Parents Lost Their Jobs, but the CARES Act Won’t Help Mixed-Status Families like Mine.” Los Angeles Times, 3 May 2020, www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-05-03/undocumented-immigrants-cares-act-coronavirus-covid.

12 thoughts on “Annotated Source 1 Picture — Odalys”

1. Odalys: This is NOT an article from a newspaper or journal. What is Open Society? I think it’s an organization that does something for migrant workers … OK I found out from their webpage who they are. https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/who-we-are

So this is NOT a newspaper, periodical, journal source. It’s a foundation with a mission. You need journalism objective journalistic sources.

What about the Feature article from National Geographic. Can you look at that and see if it’s beter.

2. I will send you the articles in email. Because I have only a limited number of articles from Time magazine, and likewise from National Geographic, I downloaded them and saved them. THis Open LAb doesn’t let me attach a file.

3. Well you have to read through these and see which you think is best.

. Both National Geo and Time are reliable sources.

From a quick skimming I think the Time Mag article covers more of the whole picture, housing, medical, financial relief checks…so probably gives you more information.

4. Wow — this TIme magazine looks good. How do you feel about this source? Was it good for your RQ? Intersting and informative?

1. Dear Prof.Wu,

This source was really good and covered a little bit of everything for my RQ. It was definitely interesting but not surprising that undocumented immigrants get treated differently due to the language barrier. It reminded me of the “Mother’s Tongue” reading by Amy Tan. Thank you for suggesting the article.