Annotated Source 1 : Nason

RQ- What effects do microplastics have in America?

My research question is: What effects does microplastic have in America? This topic interests me because I am worried about how my health can be negatively affected and possibly my future kids. If microplastics continue to rise in numbers, we will become sicker than ever. Microplastics are everywhere you go now. It is being found even in the most remote places. I know that microplastics are caused by the debris of many different plastics in the litter. There are tons of microplastics in the ocean today. Many are in deep parts of the ocean as well, places humans have never even been to. They are also all around us now. Not only are they in remote places, but right under our noses. Our air is filled with microplastics. I want to find out how toxic these microplastics are. I want to find out how much time we have before they start getting extremely dangerous to human survival. I also want to find out if there are any ways to reduce the number of microplastics. 

Network, The Learning. “An Unexpected Dinner Guest: Marine Plastic Pollution Hides a Neurological Toxin in Our Food.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 7 May 2020, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/learning/an-unexpected-dinner-guest-marine-plastic-pollution-hides-a-neurological-toxin-in-our-food.html?searchResultPosition=4.

Op-ed: Brahney, Janice. “You’re Probably Inhaling Microplastics Right Now.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 25 June 2020, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/opinion/plastic-air-pollution.html?searchResultPosition=2.

4 thoughts on “Annotated Source 1 : Nason”

1. NASON–

1.Where is your RAB PROPOSAL PARAGRAPH.? YOu never did HW 1 the RAB PROPOSAL, so I have not okayed your research question.

2.THIS IS NOT an acceptable source. YOu have to find an article from a reputable reliable newspaper. I said NYTimes or others like this. GOBACK TO READ THE ASSIGNMENT!

2. OK — you have started the RAB work! Glad to see this.

RQ- What effects does microplastics have in America? (in America is TOO broad — are you talking about a geographic region? OR a food? Sounds like food from the article you chose as your first source. Can you make your RQ more clear and specific?

Your wrote: This topic intrests me because I am worried about the future. If microplastics continue to rise in numbers, we will become sicker than ever. Microplastics are everywhere you go now. It is being found even in the the most remote places. Can you get more personal reasons in — Why are you PERSONALLY interested in this topic? Have you bitten into a hamburger and found plastic? YOU NASON Personally why does this topic interest you?

Look again at the template for the Proposal Paragraph:

My research question is: ___________ (plug in your research question)? This topic interests me because ______________ (good solid explanation – 3 more sentences). I already know that ____________. (3 more sentences). Some points that I plan to explore and find out more about are _________ (at least 3 points).

NOTICE: Your proposal should explain a personal reasoning and connection to your RQ. Why are YOU personally interested in this RQ? Your proposal is just that a proposal, therefore it is written BEFORE you do the research! Your proposal should not have researching-sounding-speak.

microplastics are caused by the debis of many different plastics in litter — THIS DMS doesn’t make sense.

Nason, you must proofread and write more carefully.

Have you worked with the Writing TUtors? Remember that is a requirement. Go and work on this proposal with them.

3. A couple more things.

THis is NOT a NYT article that you have shown here. It’s a student essay that won a NYT contest. And this topic is very science-dense. It’s difficult. Are you sure you want to pursue this RQ Research Question? It sounds like serious biology and chemistry type reading. It’s a serious STEM topic.

Maybe you should talk to me.

1. I understand but I would like to write it similar to how climate change affects America like how Valon one is I think. I am saying I want to see the effects it has and explain why we should take this seriously.