Reading Response to Malcolm X-Manuel

Part A:

Part B:

“I handscratched to them how the white man’s society was responsible for the black man’s condition in this wilderness of North America.It was because of my letters that I happened to stumble upon starting to acquire some kind of a homemade education.

I became increasingly frustrated at not being able to express what I wanted to convey in letters that I wrote, especially those to Mr. Elijah Muhammad. In the street, I had been the most articulate hustler out there — I had commanded attention when I said something. But now, trying to write simple English, I not only wasn’t articulate, I wasn’t even functional.” (par-12) 

Malcolm was confused and uncomfortable by white men’s society for it created an imbalance black men’s lives. Malcolm letters have been a source of education for Himself. He was having trouble making letters and expressing his thoughts on them; even more so to the man he respects Mr. Elijah. Malcolm’s writing experience was the complete opposite of being a hustler. He was always able to get people’s attention as a hustler but as Writer Malcolm wasn’t as good; His capabilities to write weren’t up to par.

2 thoughts on “Reading Response to Malcolm X-Manuel”