Success Tips – Bithiah

Tip 1: Check the Syllabus

This tip is significant to me because the syllabus has a lot of information that helps students stay on track in class. The course schedule can be found in the syllabus which acts as a guide to know what topics to expect in a course each semester to be able to read ahead. In the syllabus, the grading policies can also be found which help us to track our progress and know what grade we are likely to end up with at the end of a semester. The syllabus also helps to gain information about what the professors expect from each student. I will try to pay more attention to the syllabus from now on.

Tip 2: Get to know your professor

Getting to know your professor has many advantages. It helps you feel comfortable when asking for help, enjoy classes more and increases your participation. Creating a personal relationship with your professor makes you more willing to study and supplies a source of networking for future purposes. This is an important tip that I would like to put into practice.

2 thoughts on “Success Tips – Bithiah”

1. I agree with you when you went over getting to know your professor more since you can enjoy your classes even better. Most of the time we don’t pay any mind to our teachers beyond just class but I believe that getting to know your teachers helps a lot and makes you want to participate.

2. Good Job!

Yes Bithiah–I would like to know you better. You say insightful things in class discussion (when you do speak up!). And your HW is done well! You have been doing well so far in my class. Perhaps you are shy, but I want to encourage you because I am sure you have good things to share with all of us.