Reading Response RLW – Nason

The most important thing I learned from the text was to know that each genre requires different writing techniques. To read like a writer, understand what genre the text is to see why and how the author added their ideas. According to Mike Bunn, “techniques that are effective in one genre may not work well in another.” Bunn explains how the genre of a piece of writing greatly affects how it is constructed. Some writing methods can either strengthen or weaken a text based on its genre.

5 thoughts on “ Reading Response RLW – Nason”

1. This is a very good point as I would never use some writing techniques because I never had any reason to use them as I mostly wrote fiction as of now. For example i would never use bulletin points in a fictional story.

2. Yes, the genre of a piece of writing plays a vital role when reading like a writer, I also took note of that while reading the article.

Good reply from Bithiah!

3. You need to write MORE clearly. In clear language and in your own words, what is Bunn saying about genres and conventions. And you must answer — What is the ONE thing you have learned about how to RLW? You must explain in your own words and clearly written.