Progress Report 2

Most of these past weeks have been spent learning understanding how to implement midi input through Unity. Through my previous classes I learned about different Unity plugins that make implementing midi input easier. I will be looking at using either “Minis” or “MidiJack” for this project. Both of these unity plugins are created by Keijiro Takahashi and are easy to access through GitHub. The challenge will be installing them. I’ve looked up some videos and read through the repositories to see which one will work best for what I want to achieve and what level of programing I’m using.

As for most of my design and planning, I feel like I have written out all the main points I want in my game document. I have also sketched how I want my game to look. I’m still trying to keep this game in 3D. So far I have created a sphere surrounded by 4 walls. My first steps is to make sure the ball collides with no bugs and has a strong bounce. I also want to make sure that when the game starts, the sphere always starts moving in a different direction. As long as those mechanics are in place, I can continue with the midi implementation.