Individual Strengths and Learning Self-Analysis for the Baccalaureate Program

I am kind, compassionate, and highly motivated. I aspire to be a nurse practitioner with a focus on adult health. With various advances in western medicine today, members of the geriatric population are living longer. Hence there will be the need for more qualified health care professionals to take care of them. I always remember the encouragement and guidance given by our professors throughout this journey in the Baccalaureate program. We were constantly reminded that we are part of a valued and elite profession and to never loose focus. After all, we are the nation’s largest group of health care professionals and we play a defining role in the design and delivery of care to our clients.

Being enrolled in the RN to BSN program has enabled me to further sharpen my critical thinking skills, be more competent in my practice, and to deliver high quality care to my patients. This phase in my education is one step higher up the educational ladder. It is important that nurses continue to be beacons for others planning to join the profession.