Submissions are now closed for the 2019 City Tech Literary Arts Festival Writing Competition. Winners will be announced in April. Please join us for the 38th Annual City Tech Literary Arts Festival with José Olivarez on April 18th, 2019 from 5:30 to 7:30 at the New Academic Complex Theater at 285 Jay Street.
Please consider submitting your work to the contest next year! Updated information will be available by February 2020. Please check back then!
2019 Submission Guidelines
Students can only submit one entry per category. However, students are welcome to submit to multiple categories.
-We are no longer running a Faculty and Staff category.
Submissions are being accepted directly on this OpenLab site (please scroll down for the submission forms).
Please review the following category descriptions, to make sure you are submitting to the right category. Then click on the appropriate link to begin the submissions process.
- Please remove your name and identifying information from the submission attachment to allow for anonymous review of your work. Your name and other identifying information should be included in the form provided so that we can contact winners.
- Attach your entry as a Word document
- Please double check that you are submitting your work for the appropriate award category
Please note: you must be signed into a google account to upload your submission using the form provided.
If you do not have a google account, or if you have questions about your submission, please contact: CityTechLAF@gmail.com
ADOLPHUS LEE POETRY AWARD
- 1 poem
CHARLES MATUSIK FICTION AWARD
- 1 short story, not to exceed 3000 words
KAY-HIRSCH LITERARY CRITICISM AWARD
- 1 textual analysis
LOU RIVERS DRAMA AWARD
- 1 one-act play, not to exceed 3000 words
MICHELE FORSTEN ADVOCACY AWARD
- For writing in any genre that advocates the importance of equal rights
WALTER-SCANLON CREATIVE NON-FICTION AWARD
- Essay/article/research paper/ memoir