Submissions are now open for the 2023 City Tech Literary Arts Festival Writing Competition. The deadline for submissions is March 20th, 2023.
Please join us for the 42nd Annual City Tech Literary Arts Festival on April 27, 2023 from 4:00 to 6:00 in the New Academic Complex Theater at 285 Jay Street.
2023 Submission Form
Please read the submission guidelines below before submitting your work using the form below.
- To submit your work, please click the link below, fill out the form and upload your written work. Do not include your name in the submission attachment.
Please note: you must be signed into a google account to upload your submission using the form provided.
If you do not have a google account, or if you have questions about your submission, please contact: CityTechLAF@gmail.com
2023 Submission Guidelines
- Submissions are open to all current City Tech Students.
- Award categories include: the Adolphus Lee Poetry Award, the Charles Matusik Fiction Award, the Kay-Hirsch Literary Criticism Award, the Michele Forsten Advocacy Award, the Walter-Scanlon Creative Non-Fiction Award, the Aaron Barlow Journalism Award, and the Mary Nilles Award for City Tech/CUNY Spirit (any genre).
- You will be asked to select a genre or category for each submission.
- Students may submit up to ONE submission per genre or award category (i.e. fiction, poetry, social justice advocacy, etc.)
- Please fill out a form for each submission.
- For large files or videos, please include a URL link or send your work to CitytechLaf@gmail.com.
- Competition winners receive monetary awards and a possible reading at the Literary Arts Festival to be held on April 27th at 4:00 p.m. Select winners may also be invited to publish their work in City Tech Writer.