161-Washington Heights

A neighborhood is the place that shapes the live of its people way of living in a certain way or the other. My neighborhood is the most special place where I don’t feel any type of discomfort. My neighborhood is a place full of buildings with no houses ,where buildings age date back to the 1800s. Right in front of my building there is a very noisy school that during the night it becomes the most silence place on earth. Where right down the block people gather to chat even in the coldest days of winter. There is one non-common thing about my neighbor that I think it makes it unique and it is  the fact that the shape and the outside structure of the material of the building are all the same, you can confuse your self very easy if they did not had the building number outside.Although my neighborhood is a very diverse place, it’s not really gentrified as one might expect.In every block you will find either a barbershop, a street vendor, a bodega or a supermarket. The majority of people that live there are from the Caribbean which makes it kind of unique in the way that other races do not opt to try and create a business. A couple a of block away from my building  there is a space that  years ago was full of trees and now there are a couple of basketball courts and baseball field. This place in the winter is like a desert where no one’s visit and in the summer turns out to be like a garden piled with flowers. There are a couple of vendor trucks that open at  night to sell things like tacos; it is mainly authentic Mexican food. Although my neighborhood has it good sides it also has its bad sides, there is not one place in the world that can have all of the best and perfect things that one may be looking for. There are places where no one would like to walk though because there are illicit thing going on, danger can be smelled from the far distance. Also another danger that exist in my neighborhood is the fact that there are multiple gangs and they are all enemies which sometimes one need to take extra caution while walking. The most important thing that brings my neighborhood alive and makes it feel like home is how courageous people is. As I have seen from experience it is kind of unusual to see people from different background and races have the same opinion about certain matters and adopt the good thing from one another. In my neighborhood it really feels like family, where the inner you is no longer there but, it is the one that the neighborhood builds inside you. In my opinion this is something phenomenal and rarely seen in communities where there are many different races and each of them their own way of living, those things are set apart and now you inherit what the neighborhood has given you.