For the final project the class will create a project site on the OpenLab to which everyone will contribute. Each team will have its own page on the OpenLab project site. The page will include a link to a 20-minute podcast (an audio recording), images, a link to the group annotated bibliography and podcast outline, as well as citations for images included.
Each team is responsible for the design of your project and for any sub-topics included. Within the team students will assume responsibility for a sub-topic as well as various roles including audio-sound, graphics & visualization editor, writer/editor, References etc.
Final Project Guidelines
In this project, each team will:
- Collectively determine the form that their project will take
- Develop project deliverables that reflect the audience and purpose of their project
- Incorporate research from primary and secondary sources and appropriately cite sources
- Articulate research findings as well as analysis and original work through writing, audio recording and visual documentation
- Publish deliverables on the OpenLab project site
- Present OpenLab project and podcast to class
Each group will be responsible for the content, format, and technical delivery of the podcast.
Examples of podcast formats include:
- Historical Narratives
- Walking Tours
- Panel Discussions
In addition to creating and editing an audio recording, each group will:
- Strategically incorporate or reference at least two relevant resources.
- Provide basic metadata for your podcast including at least three descriptive keywords.
- Select a Creative Commons license to dictate how your podcast can be used by others.
This activity will be completed in 4 stages
- planning and prewriting
- research and script development
- technical production
- List of deliverables Group Outline and script outline Drafts due
- Annotated Bibliography drafts due, continued work on script and testing of technical production
- Group Outline and script Final due – finalize technical production
- Final Presentations / Peer Evaluation Final Projects posted to OpenLab / Final Podcasts and Annotated Bibliography Due