How Search Engines Work

In the article, “How Search Engines Work,” the author, Andrew Leibman explains the mechanism of the search engines. I think it is difficult to find the people they have not experienced using any search engines during using the internet. Most of all internet users search anything they want with search engine by typing the word. Individual algorithm to make search more efficiently, especially, the author mentions Google hides the secret algorithm of page rank in the article. I suspect it is consisted by our history of search. At the same time, it is depended by the rich people who can pay a lot of money to manage the information in internet. I know some people using  the website, Reputation Defender. It enables to change the web page rank in search engines by posting strong information source in various other sites with several paying plans. Like the author’s explanation, knowing how search engine is working helps us to get media literacy and obtain useful information through internet. Believing in all of the information search engines provide us easily is dangerous.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.