Important article from the Guardian

You should all check out this article from today’s Guardian newspaper. It’s about the current threats to internet freedom, as seen by Sergey Brin, one of the co-founders of Google. The article touches on many of the points we have been discussing this semester, as well as several of the topics that you are writing about in your papers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/15/web-freedom-threat-google-brin

Prof. Beilin

2 Responses to Important article from the Guardian

1. tyakov says:

This is a very important and an interesting article because as I was reading the article it seemed to me that the co- founder of Google Is trying to disassociate his competitors such as apple to be considered as the “Good Guys”. Some may wonder is this article based on what is good for the public in terms of how can the World Wide Web always be freely accessible and available to the public or is this a personal vengeance and vendetta against Google biggest competitors, such as apple and Microsoft. On top of all the co- founder of Google is talking about many issues that big franchises and company are performing online, which is the act of stealing and limiting the public’s freedom to privacy. I see real Hippocrates and the act of Hippocratic stand points in the statement that the co-founder of Google made. This is because only a month ago, Google was committing the same crimes the other company’s are accused of. Google was not notifying the customers that filtering and viewing of their history searchers is being conducted.

2. danny33 says:

professor i sent u my research paper can you send me your email