RE: Google Bubbles and interesting methods of acquiring and searching information

Well on our LIB 1201 class meeting yesterday February 6th, we saw a very eye opening video concerning the outrage that occurs with our filtering on websites such as Google, YouTube and MSN. Well my thoughts on this matter are the following, I agree for monitoring but no intervention needs to occur in the users search results. This limits the user’s capability and freedom of choosing his preferable viewing content. I thing this action is immoral, to the PC users but is completely legible and logical in the minds of Google CEO and Corporation advisors. This is a hideous method of trying to censor the freedom of people in the internet AKA World Wide Web (WWW).In addition, this action of targeting a certain user or population and suggesting search results is wrong  as well unethical and is not thought well enough. I will state a certain Idea  in the following sentences, that came about by listening to professor Beilin in class yesterday, I will paraphrase  that statement concerning the fact that Google and other company’s didn’t think about the option that in one personal computer station their may be several users that search and type different content. This really mixes up search filter that is based in the server options of these search engines

Shifting to a different topic, when I was asked to talk about my self (Introduce my self), I gave detail concerning a good source of information for my opinion of course. This source was the EBSCO search engine that you can find on the citytech library website. Well this search engine searches for Peer reviewed articles. Peer reviewed really means and I quote from texas.edu website: “Peer Review is a process that journals use to ensure the articles they publish represent the best scholarship currently available. When an article is submitted to a peer reviewed journal, the editors send it out to other scholars in the same field (the author’s peers) to get their opinion on the quality of the scholarship, its relevance to the field, its appropriateness for the journal, etc”. To summarize my best source of information is the peer reviewed journal and research papers.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.