The Future of Information

I expect the information will be free, but managing information will cost a lot of money in near future.  Today’s improvements of internet gives us a lot of free information, for example,  many educational site provides free information about the history, mathematics, biology, and so on. In personally, when I would like to go somewhere, I use Google Maps to get the information of the fastest way to the destination and when I would like to know the meaning of word, I type the word, and Google it. We are really used to searching something in internet, and getting the information about it for free. So, I think this tendency will be much stronger in near future. A lot of things will be archived and stored as the data in internet world, especially, the company, Google encourages this idea such as maps into Google Maps, books into Google Readers, personal information into Google+ and many more.

After the information becomes free, managing the information in internet will be important. Criminal record, personal income, financial record, there are various types of information people would like to hide from the others. I think many companies regard such a situation as a chance of business, then organizing internet information will be expensive. Thus, only rich people can control the information. On the contrary, poor people can get a lot of information, but can’t manage it. So, they will be not really able to use internet interactively.

From my expectation, I conclude the future of the information will go to bipolarization. Only rich people can get and manage the information. They can use internet interactively. However, poor people can’t. They can only get free information without noticing what is hided behind the information. In near future, the war of the information will be started in internet world because the government, and politicians need a lot of money to control the huge information.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to The Future of Information

1. Athough i see your opinion in a pessimist way i could see your point.As technology increases a person of wealth would have a greater chance of getting it rather then a a less fortunate person. In history you could see how in order to achieve something one must fight for it. So by saying this i could say that its possible for war of information to happen. As for costs it would take a lot of money to stabilize the information.However you have to ask yourself isnt some aspects of what you are saying happening now?