Reading Response Blog Post

In chapter 9 of the Badke book named Research strategies (third edition) the idea of organizing your resources to write your paper is extended to the reader. When I was reading the assigned chapter I liked the concept of having a varied and well thought out bibliography that will encapsulate all the sources you hold. On top of all I want to speak about the two styles in which we are allowed to write a reseach project. There is the MLA and the APA styles. The MLA stands for Modern Language Association and the APA stands for American Psychological Association.

*In the MLA style of formatting quick guide line include the following:

• Paper needs to be 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
  • Double-space the text of your paper, Times New Roman; font size should be 12 pt.
  • Only one space after periods and punctuation marks.
  • Set the margins of your document to 1 inch on all sides.
  • Indent the first line of paragraphs one half-inch from the left margin. Create a header.
  • Use italics throughout your essay for the titles of longer works.

*In the APA style of formatting quick guide line include the following:

• Double-spaced
  • Paper (8.5″ x 11″) with 1″ margins on all sides.
  • Using 12 pt, and Times New Roman font.
  • Include a page header (also known as the running head) at the top of every page
  • Running head is a shortened version of your paper’s title and cannot exceed 50 characters

I personally prefer the APA style because it makes more sense to me. The structure is more formal than the MLA. I enjoy working with the APA style and I can’t start working on my reseach project.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.