copyright is discouraging

Technologies and science discoveries are like building blocks, new technologies and science discoveries are build upon old ones. This should also be sure for literature. But, from my point of view copyright is very discouraging to many people who has brilliant ideas. I love the story of “The Lord Of The Rings” wrote by the english philologist and University of Oxford Professor J.R.R. Tolkien. A fascinating book. Sometimes I do wonder what is going to happen after Frodo and Sam defeated Saron, they are going to live happily ever after, or some new evils may come up in the future. But copyright is stopping people who has  a excellent ideas to write about it. With all my respect I love the work of J.R.R.Tolkien, but why cant someone continue write what is going to happen next. This could be a money issue, who dont want to make more money and keep that money to himself or herself? But i do wonder: How many people will read “The Lord Of The Rings” after many decades, and has the will to write about a new story about the people who live in the “Middle-earth”.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to copyright is discouraging

1. You bring up an excellent point about how frustrating copyright is and that it kindles the flame of today’s ever increasing creativity. I also believe that copyrights need to be shortened so that instead of the individual creator of the work and marketing companies society can reap some benefits as well by building up on ideas that have already been established.

2. tyakov says:

I agree with Yaoling Zhu concerning the statement that the copyright laws are stopping us as evolving humans to create new and updated ideas and versions of the original date. I think that the new and original can coexist together with no interruption or glory theft. The original piece of media or literature will always be remembered and used as the original and the best of all versions. Copy right laws only limit and blockade the young brain of our decade from creating something new something worthwhile for all man kind.

3. danny33 says:

I agree with Yaoling Zhu concerning the statement that the copyright laws are stopping us as evolving humans to create new and updated ideas and versions of the original date.I also believe that copyrights need to be shortened so that instead of the individual creator .