Online Privacy

Marshall makes very strong points in this article. He states that many people don’t know their searches are being recorded and these records are immesly intrusive. Like most people I google away what I’m wondering or personal questions I have. This gives these people a detailed background and information of you that most people probably wouldn’t know. The fact that most people feel safe searching away makes it even worst, because we shouldnt anymore. Marshall also states that some this information is money for others. As long as out information is profitable and legit, it will be in the hands of them. Marshall explains that the industry is capable of fixing this by itself without government action. I believe it all starts with those privacy statements were supposed to read but never do. Maybe search engines should make these policies short, quick to read, and direct.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Online Privacy

1. narumi says:

I agree with the idea of the author. Everything is related with money. To get profits, the industry would control our numerous information in the web although they know many people don’t want to be used their privacy for the money. What the worse, the information is not physical and it is easy to be under the control and censured by the others. It is difficult for us to avoid such a privacy violation because we are living in the world filled with much information in the Internet. Thus, we should know about the fact, and make a good relationship to use the web.