Assignment: Do Americans need better protection?

Facebook is really useful to connect with the people, however I sometimes feel like quitting it. The article, Do Americans need better protection? by Patrick Marshall explains the advertisement in Facebook service and the importance of privacy settings. When I click “I like” button some page in Facebook, the advertisement relating with the page appears in my NewsFeed. Also, Facebook suggests me the friends who I may know. The suggestion is really correct even though I don’t know their any contacts. Sometimes, I’m scared about the accurate advertisement and suggestion. I feel my Facebook page is one of the big information about me although I set the privacy setting. In conclusion, I think SNS service is good for connecting with friends, but we should know there are no privacy as long as we are using in the Internet.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Assignment: Do Americans need better protection?

1. hela says:

After reading the article “Do Americans need better protection” by Patrick Marshall I really do not feel safe using Facebook anymore. A year and half ago I was a victim of identity theft. I no longer put my full birthday on Facebook or post pictures to the public. I hide my list of friends from everyone. I only use facebook to connect mostly with family members abroad. Some of my friends have already quit Facebook because of privacy issues. I really don’t believe that this is a good source of connecting to friends. If a true friend wanted to connect to you they would call you and spend some time with you not just a be a Facebook friend. I really concerned about my privacy when I am using the internet and how others use my information for profit.