Monthly Archives: February 2012

Online Privacy

Marshall makes very strong points in this article. He states that many people don’t know their searches are being recorded and these records are immesly intrusive. Like most people I google away what I’m wondering or personal questions I have. … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | 1 Comment

Response to politics of research

Martin states that credentials are “soaght more than learning itself” which I agree with completely. I’ve had taken classes where I learned nothing, yet I passed just for the credits needed. Students witness this many times and simply exposing the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | Leave a comment

Response to Back to the Coffee House

The articleā€Back to the Coffee houseā€ shows us how the method of passing news amungst each other is returning to a more one on one feel than just being told the news by reporters. With the creation of social media … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Response to marshall

I consider the information given was really helpful. I readĀ some interesting topics that i did not know about our privacy when we navigate the Internet. but the one I consider the most worrying is the financial one. They say that … Continue reading

Response to Facebookā€™s Privacy Trainwreck

I have had an issue with Facebook from the very beginning. I however cannot blame Facebook for what they are doing. They do make their activities known and are legally forced to tell us what they are doing or going … Continue reading

Politics of Reaserch

In Brian Martinā€™s article ā€œThe Politics of Research,ā€ He discusses the effect of key groups controlling the flow of knowledge and research. They do this by being the ones who fund all this research making their agenda the one that … Continue reading

Response to Martin

I had never quite thought of knowledge the way that Martin presents it. He makes a point that the word seems to imply fact, fixed information only to be added to. But what I realize in his writing (and when … Continue reading

Homeless music

No party is one’sĀ home who require your demise orĀ fences your growth. Ricardo Guzman

Brian Martinā€™s Politics of Research

According to Brian Martinā€™s politics of research he stated that the vast majority of information is quite limited for individuals out of a specific sphere or area of expertise. Which makes it harder to acquire for certain individuals, he also … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Online Privacy and Facebook Privacy

With the ever increasing use of the internet and storing information online comes a directly correlated loss of privacy. In today’s day and age when everyone’s shopping history, credit card info, social security numbers, usernames, and passwords are stored online … Continue reading