Hello, and welcome to my dental hygiene portfolio! My name is Lilia, and I am a foreign student with a passion for helping people achieve optimal oral health. Originally, from the Republic of Moldova, I received a degree in economics back in my origin country but here in the United States, I changed my career. First, as a dental assistant, and then I pursued further education in the dental hygiene program at New York City College of Technology.

Throughout my career, I witnessed the importance of a dental hygienist as a remarkable member of the dental team who plays a critical role in maintaining and improving the oral health of patients. As the first person that patients typically interact with during a dental visit, I would like to contribute to creating a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, putting patients at ease, and gathering important information about their dental health history. A good introduction by a dental hygienist can help establish trust and rapport with patients, which is essential for building a strong patient-provider relationship.

Additionally, in the past 2 years in the dental hygiene program, I learned how important is the trust relationship between a patient and their healthcare provider. My goal is to build trust between my patients and to optimize their oral health.