The circle of conversation

Reflexing on myself and the paper we did, made me think about the path I took. By that I mean the languages I have learned within the 20 years of living. I feel as if language can have an impact on your reading and writing because you start learning different pronounce and grammar, depending on what language you’re using. If I didn’t learn any new languages besides Spanish, I would’ve been lost in my own native language and useless when it comes to helping others translate. The language barrier has played a huge part in my parent’s life and not knowing how to read, write and speak English is difficult, knowing that it is a common language in America. It made me reflect on how many people are struggling with this problem when coming to America. Having the opportunity to be given education at a young age in the United States developed the way I write and read in English. Even though my Spanish isn’t the greatest, I understand it clearly.

If I were born in Mexico, my Spanish would’ve been amazing especially in my writing and reading but having to move to the U.S. at a young age would’ve made it difficult for me to adapt but if I really wanted to learn a new language, it could be possible. During my high school years, I was given the opportunity to also learn Italian for three years. Even though I haven’t got the chance to use it outside the class but knowing more than two languages made me feel honored. Reflecting my life based on my writing and reading made me realize how far I came based on my improvements in language.