Dear Future Student

Dear future student,

When taking English 1101 or any other English course for next semester, I hope you’re open-minded. There are many topics that will get thinking from a different perspective and many outside topics that will be brought up. For example, topics of what’s going on in the world, politics, violence, news, and your input about the topics. Even though it might be quite in the beginning, people would start speaking within the couple of minutes because the silence will get to your head (It happened to me a couple of times and right before I was about to raise my hand, someone else spoke up). You’ll also learn new things such as new terms or music. For example, I learned what the term “cover” meant back in the days and how it was used back then and now. As always, you’ll be writing, constantly because it is a English course so there is no way that you’ll be avoiding that but there are interesting topics to write about. If you have an open minded professor, expect to express your feelings or concerns. You will most likely get an essay you don’t understand but ask questions because writing an essay could be difficult when starting it and not understanding the topic. Towards the end you will have to express and reflect on everything you have done in that semester but in a creative way. Therefore, it is in your control to make it the best you can possibly can. The semester will go by fast but try to enjoy every second of it!