Artist’s Statement

The topic I decide to do my research on is “wildfires” and it effects. I decided to work on this because within the last three to four years there have been many catastrophes in our country and other counties as well due to fires. At first, I didn’t know much information about this topic, to begin with, I only knew that the fires were occurring very frequently throughout the world which is something I could see on the news when they would show videos of the fires in California and how harmful these fires could be to humans and atmosphere.

In my research, I wanted to find more information on how do these fires affect our ecosystems and how they could affect our health’s as well as learning how can we prevent wildfires from happening because one of the many things you can notice when there is a wildfire, is the trees are all burned down and there are many animals that are burned with no homes or they are found dead also the skies are filled with smoke. I assumed that all of these issues harm our environment in different ways because as the smoke goes up in the air and pollutes the air, we breathe harming our lungs. If we could find ways to help or prevent these catastrophes from happening it would also help the issue of global warming.

The genre I chose to explain in detail was an infographic. In an infographic, you can show images or drawings to present short and clear information to communicate your ideas. I believed that this genre works for my intended audience because infographics are quick to read and people of the ages of twenties and thirty’s like to read things straight to the point this why an infographic works best for my research when writing the infographic minimizing the amount of information from my research a bit of a struggle but felt it worked best to explain the information I found.