Technology and media  help individuals communicate with each other; it helps society determine how to express themselves.  When a media is introduced, it is adapted to human senses so that it becomes an extension of the individual, and its capabilities influence the whole of society, leading to change. I think media is important because it changes how humans operate. I believe technology can be a great thing when humans use it toward there advantage, but sadly we sometimes allow it to control us.  Due to technology human’s social skills have taken a hit, it’s harder to socialize because people are so caught up with their gadgets that they lost touch with reality. Also, because people are stuck talking by the screen when were in a social setting it hard to keep simple conversation with one another.

Lack of socialization was evident in earlier times. Since newspapers people have been showing lack of socialization but with how advanced technology is it’s gotten a lot worse. Because someone can gain knowledge so fast because of technology , it has created a lack in one’s own knowledge. The role that designers can play in creating a new message is by thinking outside the box when comes to design and keeping in mind that the medium is just as important as the message. When designing you must remember that whatever you use to design or show that product will make the audience have a certain reaction. 

The media is more important because , there used to capture the eye of the audience. As a designer if the Medium isn’t interesting or doesn’t connect to the audience they won’t get to the actual message itself. If the medium is eye catching the audience is more likely to engage in the rest of your work. I found this to be an interesting concept I never thought about the affect the media could have on a audience.