Journal Entry 3 The Work Place & WPC co-workers

Upon my first couple of weeks of interning at WPC I met a large array of volunteers who have been invited with Women’s Press Collective since the 90s. The volunteers hear at the press are extremely kind people. We all discuss some of the important issues we aim to tackle and address in your next publication. But not only are they great social workers, they also have great conversations of humorous topics, while also being extremely insightful. But not only are their just volunteers at WPC I also have fellow interns from NYC College of Technology with me, who are also taking this internship course. Overall the social environment is a great one, with plenty of room to ask questions and grow in skill sets. It really lets the volunteers express themselves this is reflected on our dress code which is a relax one, we are able to dress in casual attire. The surrounding area is an industrial one, plenty of auto repair shops and warehouses but I like this, because it really reflects surrounding community, which is largely blue collar workers. Something our monthly publication often covers. It is all about the workers of this great city  and giving back.