Learning Self-Analysis

Becoming a nurse was one of the most influential decisions and life changing decisions I made. I believe that it has taught me the qualities of not only being a health care professional, but it opened my eyes to a different perspective on life. It was enlightening and I take away from nursing school a lesson that cannot be learned in any other way.

Throughout nursing school I was faced with many obstacles that I have never faced previously. I had to take on multiple responsibilities; not only my responsibilities to school, but also my obligation to work and my loved ones. It was a constant struggle of managing my time and priorities. I never knew how difficult it could be to juggle so many tasks at hand. It taught me discipline, motivation and dedication to achieving my goals.

After becoming a nurse, I learned what it means to be assertive and passionate about the services I provide. These services are not only tasks under the job description, but they are meaningful and advocate for the client. These services give respect and dignity to those who are at their time of need. This profession has opened my mind to diversity and the richness of what an individual brings to the world.

I have finally reached another milestone in my life and I remember all the hard work and dedication it took to get here. I still remember receiving my acceptance letter into the nursing program and all the experiences that brought me to this day. As I go on in my journey as a nurse I will remain humble, that is, to recognize my limitations, be respectful and acknowledge individuality in each person.