Individual Strengths Statement

Each individual comes from a different background and have different qualities that make them unique. It is important to recognize our skills, values and beliefs. Intelligence is only one aspect of one’s ability to perform well on the job. Self-awareness, responsibility, motivation and perseverance are some of the key components and strengths that makes someone an exceptional individual.

Being self-aware means having the ability to recognize oneself. It is having the clear perception of strengths, weaknesses, values, beliefs, and knowing that the individual person is a separate entity. I believe that this is the basis for being a leader and a well-rounded person. The first step to creating the right environment around you is to know what your own capacity and abilities are. It allows the individual to face realities with an open-mind. It also allows the individual to have a good insight on what type of environment will promote the most growth within themselves. Self-awareness is a characteristic that is crucial; no matter what obstacles or environments that the individual is faced with they will troubleshoot it with clear decision-making skills.

Responsibility is comprised of different components; honesty and integrity. This involves being truthful even when odds are against the individual. Not being afraid to tell the truth even when the truth may not be what people want to hear. It is the concept of adhering to ethics and morals. A person who is responsible will take on the duty to independently advocate and make the right decision.

Motivation and perseverance is a behavior that is important in completing goals. It is finding a reason and encouragement in why we do something and what the reason is behind those actions. It is an incentive in itself to create a reason behind our drive or desire to attaining goals. Persevering means having the ambition and determination to reaching those goals; in spite of the struggle or obstacles that may come.

These are the strengths that make me who I am today. I believe that these are the qualities I adhere to. I have utilized these skills in my experience throughout the different hurdles that I have been faced with in my career and in my life.