About Me

IMG_8692    I always seem to find a way through the impossible. With all the distractions and challenges that life has thrown my way, I’ve never given up.

In June of 2006, I came to New York from my home country, St.Vincent and The Grenadines, with one small suit case and a mountain-high fire in my heart to fulfill my dreams. As a child, I was terrified of the dentist thinking he is the maker of pain. Those thoughts softened because of a 7 year old boy. His smile was nothing but black knobs for teeth. He always tried to cover his smile with his hand. I knew right then and there that I wanted to make a change. After a week of living in Brooklyn, New York, I walked into a dental office that was willing to allow me to shadow the dentist. My experience there confirmed my desire to be involved in everything dental.

I have been a dental assistant for nine years and I’ve always imagined myself moving forward in this field. My eyes were directed toward dental hygiene and my passion for it has only grown stronger with the two years of my wonderful learning experience at New York City College of Technology. I was able to provide quality dental hygiene care under the supervision of certified dental professionals, to a multitude of diverse individuals. I was given the greatest opportunities to observe change, boost confidence, and educate my patients. There is no turning back – I want more of what this marvelous field has to offer. Maybe one day I will decide to become a dentist; who knows what the future holds?  I just know I will be prepared for it. The sky is not the limit; I am my own limit. It has always been up to me to move forward. I say if we all work together, we can make a difference. This has proven to be true so many times that it has become obvious.