01 – Graphic Design Internship at SLD

This semester my internship is as a graphic designer for Student Life & Development at CUNY – New York City College of Technology. I will be working under the supervision of Giovanna, the Social Media Coordinator & Graphic Designer. The small office is located on the fifth floor of the General Building in room G-516. Student Life & Development focuses on the community of the college campus. They deal a lot with clubs, student events, community service, social awareness events, and professional workshops. The office provides announcements to students via flyers, social media, and other formats. Its mission statement is to support NYCCT’s mission through the development of activities, experiences, and services that provide a challenging and supportive environment. Below is the logo that the office of Student Life & Development uses for its media.

This is the logo for the office of Student Life and Development in room G-516

I was excited to start the internship because I wanted to gain more experience in graphic design and I believe this is a great opportunity to do so. Before joining Student Life & Development, I was only familiar with their club services. They would provide orientations about the procedure and requirements needed to create one. After receiving an introduction to the office, I became aware of the various events that are held for students to be able to participate in such as club fairs and holiday events.

Right off the bat, I was placed on one of the projects to work on. So far, I have been able to show my work and suggestions. I also learned shortcuts which help make the workflow more efficient. I am hoping to learn a lot during my time here!