New Assignments! – Week 10

I completed another week in my Giving Forward internship. The total hours of work comes to 75 hours. It’s still not as enough as I wanted to accomplish at this point, but it’s still hours completed nonetheless. Every little bit counts. This week my teammates and I got our new assignments. First was one assignment pertaining to video editing. The job was to edit a zoom interview that’s going to be featured on GoodBuzz. The other assignment was to create headers and banners for interviews conducted by Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2020, Payton May. Giving Forward and Payton May are collaborating to conduct interviews with celebrities. These interviews are conducted for the sake of generated revenue towards Giving Forward and its operations and donating to nonprofits. For these series of interviews Kevin Lee, my supervisor, and his assistants assigned me to do the headers and banners. I was all aboard for this assignment, as Luis and Gabriel were assigned to edit the video. All this work assigned to us was to be used for the GoodBuzz website. I got to work right away in creating these headers and banners. Kevin Lee had assigned us with two of his assistants in creating content for the GoodBuzz website. Oscar Stadthagen and Michael Dwyer have been overseeing our work, giving us insight and using their expertise in what works in creating content for the GoodBuzz website. This week, I did the first draft of the headers. I was supplied with the photos being used and the copy being used as well. I kept Kevin, Oscar, and Michael up to date with my progress on a daily basis via slack. They wanted me to duplicate a header that was made for a series of interviews they did before with another Miss America. I used this header example as a template on how to approach the work needed to be done. I don’t have the header template they told me to use but I have the versions I did, of which I will included here. I then sent them what I did and I am waiting for their feedback. I wait anxiously for their responses.