The Search Continues – #2

The search for an internship continues on. Most of the internships I applied to where from internships.com. I found internships.com more helpful when looking for available positions than any other website. I spoke to some fellow students and some friends that have since graduated and a majority of them preferred using indeed.com. I tried indeed.com but didn’t find any luck in securing a position from there. I found internships.com more helpful as a found a plethora of positions and caught my interests. The first one was from “Real Art Daily (RAD) Productions”. Since the last posting, I have found positions that are of interest to me. One of them being from “Real Art Daily (RAD) Productions”. RAD productions is a video production and post-production company based in Los Angeles. They specialize in representing the stories of those often neglected by mainstream media. A position for a Graphic Design/Social Media Content Creation intern is what I applied for. I informed Prof. Nicolaou of the position and she said to go for it.

She also provided me with resources and links to companies that were seeking interns. I emailed all of them. Some of them said no thank you but wished me luck in my search. Others, however, took a while to respond. One of the first ones to respond back was Jordan Gelber. She is the CEO of StarBaby Enterprises, LLC. They are a marketing and production firm specializing in content creation, with an extensive network in the realms of entertainment, tech, and lifestyle industries. Jordan e-mailed me with saying they are always looking for new interns. I was excited when I got this e-mail because this was the first one I got with an agency showing interest in having me join. This was a real confidence booster to say the least. I e-mailed her back, making sure to show my excitement. We discussed about availability as she wanted to schedule a meeting ASAP. I sent out the e-mail to her, all I had to do now was wait for her response.

The second response I received was from Marla Gotay. She is the president of Calling All Graphics, Inc. It is a printing, marketing, and graphic design business, that’s based in Brooklyn. She e-mailed me and thanked me for my interest in applying to her internship but she had already found two interns for the semester. She gave me words of encouragement and wished me luck. She did also say to apply again if I were in need of an internship for next semester. I was thankful for her words of encouragement. Also, Michael Riddle e-mailed me back an update on my application. He thanked me as well, but informed me no spots were available at the time. The door on that application is closed. Time to move on. I am eager to hear back from the other companies I applied for. I am confident I will find a spot. I am ready.