Internship Blog #17

I decided to revisit one of the projects called “How to Make a Bun” for Brooklyn Ballet. The “How to Make a Bun” project was a project to teach kids and their parents how to make a ballet bun. The project was planned for social media use and I wanted to make it into the style of an Instagram carousel which usually has a max of 10 pictures.

Old “How To Make A Bun” Cover

I was not a fan of the original cover I made at all. I did not like the original character I created and I was not a fan of how blurry the logo looked. The first thing I did was ask my coworker Beth for a better quality logo to replace the old one which she kindly provided to me. Next, I started working on a new character to replace the old one and I want the new character to have a cuter look. Once I finished creating the new character, I was much more happier with the new look. I also might have changed some weight sizes for the text.

Next, I started working on illustrating the materials the character would be holding. I created bobby pins, a comb, hair ties, a brush, a hair net, bun pins, and hair spray. Next, I created universal steps for making a ballet bun for all hair types. Then I illustrated the character demonstrating the steps by using the items to make their ballet bun.

Once I was finally done with the project and I showed my supervisor Alison, she loved the results of the project and said that it will be up on social media very soon.