Conclusion

-Band was pleased with how the video came out and they will be promoting it once their new album is released.

– My interest grew in filming and video editing during this project and aim to use these skills professionally after college.

– If I were to do this kind of project again, I would have the bands perform 1 or 2 songs. The reason is because Open the Nile wanted to do 5 songs for the session and even though we all agreed to do so, it tired out the musicians and myself. To have a band perform 5 songs 4 times back to back affected their overall performance and I had to re-record the guitars in post production due to how sloppy the performance was. Additionally, only doing 1 or 2 songs would give me enough time to do more shots and more takes for the band to perfect their performance. 

– Get familiar with new gear before using it for any project. I had bought the gimbal two days before the shoot and I only had 5 hours to learn how to operate it. During the shoot, it was malfunctioning to the point where the gimbal was spinning on its own. 

– Breaks are necessary when working on a large project by yourself. I had to give myself a lot of breaks throughout the semester because there was a substantial work load that I was dealing with. Balancing other classes while searching for an internship for the summer and working as a part time bartender and having a social life with culmination was the most challenging thing about this project. I had to commit all my time and mind to school and when it came to taking breaks, it would range from a few hours to a whole day. I recommend students that takes on culmination to remember to always give time to yourself if you want to see positive results in your work.