Individual Strength

wealth

Most of my friends and associations say that I have good people skill. An ability, which I feel, blessed to possess. When people talk to me I give them my undivided attention so they know that I am listening. When it comes to giving advice, I try to put myself in the other person’s shoes so I can give the kind of advice that I would want for my family or myself if the situation were reversed. I believe this trait also ties in to empathy. A trait we all need in the field of nursing. Being empathetic can also make us an effective advocate for our patients. I have also been told so many times that I have a lot of patience, who would not be if you are constantly put in a situation where it is needed? I guess it kind of grew on me for that reason. Honestly, practicing patience is hard work however, I am grateful that I acquired this skill especially in my profession where I constantly deal with people – patients, family, and the interdisciplinary team.

One of the many things I love doing is volunteering/charity work. There is no greater feeling than making a difference in other people’s lives that cannot give back to you. The happiness that radiates on their faces and the words of appreciations are more than enough to keep caring for those who are in need. While I try to make a difference in other people’s lives, it is actually them who are making a difference in mine. The experiences and life lessons you get from these people are invaluable; make me look at life in a different perspective. Volunteering gives me the feeling of fulfillment. I will continue to do this as long as I can.