RWA1

Edgar Angel
Professor Rodgers
Introduction to Fiction
January 31 2012

My name is Edgar Angel; I live in Woodhaven, Queens, and I’m a Communication Design major. I love graphic and web design, as well as typography, and pretty much anything related to my field. This is my third year in City Tech, and I’m just three semesters away from getting my Bachelor’s degree. I graduated from BMCC in 2010 and transferred to City Tech later that year. Over the past few months I’ve been reading graphic design magazines, web design blogs, and I’m currently reading a book on designing brand identity. I also finished reading “The Grapes of Wrath” by John Steinbeck a couple of weeks ago.

Questions About Our Syllabus.

• 1. What does the term Anthology mean?
  • 2. Do we always have to bring an English handbook, a dictionary
    and / or a thesaurus to class?
  • 3.  Is there any extra credit?

Questions To Help Us Get To Know One Another.

• 1. Do you have a job?
  • 2. What’s your background?
  • 3. Do you have any hobbies?

Texts Review.
I’m not familiar with any of the texts, but they sound interesting, and I’m looking forward to reading them. So far, I think the package that was given to us on the first day of class, 10 Things You Need to Know About Writing and 10 Things to Write About (College Edition) is really interesting, and helpful, as it provides a vast amount of useful pointers, definitions and literary terms. I haven’t written a paper in more than two years, so I’m sure this package would come in handy. I don’t have any questions regarding these texts.

I think fiction is a collection of stories, life experiences, and cultural beliefs which are lived and explained by a fictional, or imaginary character(s), which is in fact a way of expressing and reflecting on the author’s own life. I think we should read fiction, not only for entertainment, but a as way to learn from said characters, and their lives.

This entry was posted in laf2012, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.