Individual strengths

I am a very patient person and I have been praised by my past supervisors for being very detailed oriented.  In the medical field, attention to detail is absolutely important because even the smallest mistake may cause problems for patients in the long run.  I try my best to talk to each patient I care for and get to know them on a more personal level.  I would talk to them about their interests, what they do for a living, and also the amount of stress they feel from the illness they are suffering from.  I do my best to make sure they understand the different types of treatments that are available to them, and also any possible side effects of the treatments.  When people get sick, they are often scared and nervous about their conditions.  By speaking to them and making them understand more about their situation, it usually calms them and may even help with the treatment process.  It is important for the patient to understand that they are not alone and helpless, that we are here to help them through whatever difficulty they may have to face in treating their conditions.