Submission Guidelines: A Refresher

As you prepare response paper 3, I wanted to send along a reminder about our submission guidelines.  I’m seeing a fair number of sloppy errors while I’m grading response paper 2, and I want to be sure that I help you avoid making similar such errors for the homework that is due on March 8.

The guidelines are copied below for your reference, and can also be found on page 2 of our syllabus.  Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you’re having trouble figuring out how to effect any of the below requirements; failure to adhere to the guidelines will result in a grade penalty from response paper 3 onward.

Submission Guidelines

All work is to be typed and printed out before class unless otherwise noted; please use 12-point type, double spacing, 1-inch margins all around, no extra spacing between paragraphs, and Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman font.  Please title your work; the title should be in 12-point font and centered, with no quotation marks, bolding, italics or underlining.  No cover page is necessary; instead, create a heading in the upper left-hand corner of your first page:  using single-spacing, please list your name, ENG1121, E115, the name of the assignment, and the due date.  Use of page numbers should begin on the second page.  After an initial warning is given in writing, failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in a grade penalty.