Heights Chateau

20151014_143858 20151014_144539 - Copy 20151014_144528 - CopyI visited the Heights Chateau wine store on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn Heights. First, I walked through to see how is the store organized. Then I spoke to the manager responsible for organizing the store. She said she had just reorganized the French and Italian wines by region. As you can see from my photos the shelves have signage of countries as well as “North” and “South”. The front bottles are standing up and the same bottles behind them are laid on top of each other (unless their shape doesn’t allow for stacking).

I asked about luxury wines. She said they store them downstairs in the cellar which is temperature-controlled. When a customer needs a luxury wine, he/she can choose from a catalog.

Out of curiosity, I asked the lady where did she learn what she knows about wine. She said she studied acting and worked at restaurants so she learned from industry professionals. I also asked if they carry one of my favorites (Mirassou Chardonnay). Unfortunately, they don’t.