The Edition Times Square Visit

In what way do you believe you need to prepare for a career in the luxury hotel market?

I’ve come to learn from the hotel visit and from my time studying hospitality that a huge part of working and building a career within the industry, is built through networking. I understand this is a skill that I need to better. Interpersonal skills are very important, I am a people person and I know how important it is to be one in hospitality, though developing my networking skills is what I need to be prepared for.

How did you feel about going to The 1 Hotel?

Visiting the hotel allowed me to see in person and appreciate all the efforts and work put into a hotel all to create one experience for guest, that makes paying a luxury price worth it. By comparing the front and back of the house you’re able to see how the bright and busy back of the house is able to create a beautiful luxury experience for guests. This type of work is exciting to me because there’s so many components that go into it and everyone is always busy to keep everything running

Omneyah Hassan