Welcome to MTEC 1001
GAME DESIGN & INTERACTIVE MEDIA SKILLS LAB
This lab-based course offers supportive instruction and training for digital media design and content delivery using a variety of software programs and platforms. Topics covered include but are not limited to raster graphics, vector graphics, 3D modeling, digital audio, and digital video production and editing. The class offers comprehensive theoretical and practical instruction of the tools and techniques for digital imaging, graphics, video, sound, and interactive design. Specifically, students will be introduced to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress, Audacity, Audition, Premiere, and Unity. In addition, workshops have been designed to foster a culture of collaboration and sustainable learning community.
To give students an introduction to:
– the field of digital media technologies.
– conceptual frameworks and digital media skills.
– diverse design & production across various digital media platforms.
– the use of fundamental tools and techniques of digital production and online culture.
– develop online research skills associated with a digital culture.
– collaboration between people with different skills and backgrounds.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
– to use the fundamental tools of digital production and online culture.
– identify multiple references, resources for problem solving and trouble-shooting.
– incorporate a design process into their projects.
– explore different methods of interdisciplinary collaboration.
– understand the importance of staying current with-in a field, which is constantly developing.
– clearly communicate ideas using contemporary methods and critique work of their peers.