Re- read

My plan of “attack” to better understand the declaration of independence is to look up words I do not understand. I will also use my clues around the word to try and understand it. What I mean by understand to comprehend what the sentences are saying.

After using my plan of “attack” It actually helped me understand better what I was reading even though it was a couple of words that made a huge difference. I understood the reasons why the founding fathers were pleading for freedom. They wrote how the king was inhuman and unfair. They felt they were not treated fairly. How the government was corrupted  and did not take encounter of what was their property. I also noticed how the patriots said they would take all responsibility for declaring independence. This includes all the citizens and all the states. This was a very brave move. One thing I don’t understand is why Jefferson’s paragraph about slavery was crossed out when it also has to do with violating  inalienable rights. The right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness was definitely taken away from “slaves”.  As I read I also took notice on how it looked like they did try to cooperate with the kings laws and make it better. The king did not consider changing laws for the better they stated in this text. I also understood the homes of the patriots were invaded because in the text it spoke about the king in forcing invasion on the homes of the people. Looking up these words helped me understand the more detailed stuff better. It helped me view their side and where they were coming from. Compared to the first time I knew there were reasons but I did not quite understand them and now I do.