Soapstone (KO)

1. The writer is Ta-Nehisi Coates, He has six brothers and sisters,  and He is African American.
  2. Coates is speaking about the usage of the N-word, and how saying this word has a lot power behind. No matter who uses it there’s so much meaning and history behind that word.
  3. i think this is targeted for everyone, no matter the race, no matter the ethnicity this article is for everyone. I believe this is targeted for everyone because this is an important conversation to have with people.
  4. I believe Coastes purpose is to start conversation between people whether their white or black and speak about why do we continue to say the N-word if it has so much bad history behind it. Or why black people should take back the word. But also how that word affects today culture, how it affects the youth. whats the true purpose of even saying this word. i think he brings a lot questions like these that he wants people to speak about.
  5. in the article Coates has a pretty mellow tone, doesn’t sound aggressive or super passionate. It almost sounds like hes just trying to get his point across while being informative and making readers question what he says as well.
  6. I really enjoyed reading this article i think Coates was doing a very good job in pointing out his thoughts about the usage of the N-word. in which i do agree with a lot of what hes saying.