Writing Across the Curriculum

active 4 days, 18 hours ago
Writing Across the Curriculum
This Project Profile is PRIVATE, but the Project Site is OPEN to all visitors.
School / Office
Arts & Sciences, Professional Studies, Technology & Design
Project Description

WAC encourages courses throughout the college to incorporate formal and informal writing into the course practices and requirements.

Avatar retrieved from Bridgeline Digital, Creative Commons License

Encouraging Effective Reading Strategies

In this post I would like to discuss some strategies for turning students into better, more […] See MoreEncouraging Effective Reading Strategies

Finding The “Right” Word: a WAC Historical Perspective on Dealing With a Diverse Student Body

Finding what to write about for an essay topic, for a thesis statement or that catchy topic […] See MoreFinding The “Right” Word: a WAC Historical Perspective on Dealing With a Diverse Student Body

Some Further Reflections on Minimal Marking and Effective Grading

At the core of WAC philosophy is a commitment to the view that learning is fundamentally about […] See MoreSome Further Reflections on Minimal Marking and Effective Grading

When we ask students to write, we are asking them to think. The more we ask them to write (low […] See More

Very well written. I felt the passion that the instructor has for teaching. "I want to hear your […] See More

Anna, I love the pairing you made here of "old-fashioned" (and maybe less intimidating) technology […] See More