Writing Across the Curriculum

active 1 week, 6 days ago
Writing Across the Curriculum
This Project Profile is PRIVATE, but the Project Site is OPEN to all visitors.
School / Office
Arts & Sciences, Professional Studies, Technology & Design
Project Description

WAC encourages courses throughout the college to incorporate formal and informal writing into the course practices and requirements.

Avatar retrieved from Bridgeline Digital, Creative Commons License

WAC Pedagogy in the Time of COVID-19

As we all try to adjust to and make sense of these unprecedented circumstances, I thought I’d t […] See MoreWAC Pedagogy in the Time of COVID-19

Writing as Problem, or Solution?: Using Writing Interventions to Promote Student Engagement

Sometimes I fear I am being coy: when faculty members ask me to share, as a Writing Across the […] See MoreWriting as Problem, or Solution?: Using Writing Interventions to Promote Student Engagement

Closing the "Affective" Gap: Employing Motivation and “Utility-Value” as Active Writing Tools to Promote Discipline Specific Retention Rates

In recent times studies have been conducted that looked at the factors that make up the […] See MoreClosing the "Affective" Gap: Employing Motivation and “Utility-Value” as Active Writing Tools to Promote Discipline Specific Retention Rates

When we ask students to write, we are asking them to think. The more we ask them to write (low […] See More

Very well written. I felt the passion that the instructor has for teaching. "I want to hear your […] See More

Anna, I love the pairing you made here of "old-fashioned" (and maybe less intimidating) technology […] See More