Writing Across the Curriculum

active 2 days, 19 hours ago
Writing Across the Curriculum
This Project Profile is PRIVATE, but the Project Site is OPEN to all visitors.
School / Office
Arts & Sciences, Professional Studies, Technology & Design
Project Description

WAC encourages courses throughout the college to incorporate formal and informal writing into the course practices and requirements.

Avatar retrieved from Bridgeline Digital, Creative Commons License

Probing Memory and Connecting New Concepts to Old Neural Networks: Note taking as an Invaluable “Active-Learning” Tool to Stimulate Reading Comprehension.

The act of note taking can be viewed as a freewriting, or exploratory writing, exercise. There are […] See MoreProbing Memory and Connecting New Concepts to Old Neural Networks: Note taking as an Invaluable “Active-Learning” Tool to Stimulate Reading Comprehension.

Aligning Instruction and Assessment in Writing Pedagogy

In the classic work Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Paolo Freire articulated a radical critique of what […] See MoreAligning Instruction and Assessment in Writing Pedagogy

Using Process to Achieve Writing Goals

Recently I came across an interview with anthropologist and historian Alan Macfarlane […] See MoreUsing Process to Achieve Writing Goals

Very well written. I felt the passion that the instructor has for teaching. "I want to hear your […] See More

Anna, I love the pairing you made here of "old-fashioned" (and maybe less intimidating) technology […] See More

[…] more in-depth descriptions, review our workshop materials or refer to the faculty han […] See More