1101-391 Language and Identity.

You are currently viewing a revision titled "English HW 10/3", saved on October 2, 2018 at 1:03 pm by Pavel Nunez
Title
English HW 10/3
Content
Pavel Nunez English 1101 Dr Carrie Hall 9/18/18   Well based on the reading, I have seen a quote that gets my attention based on classwork we did and  reading that was about the growing popularity of zombies. So the quote I chose was “ When we critically think about monsters, we tend to classify them as a personification we fear,Frankenstein’s monster illustrated our trepidation about untethered science; Godzilla was spawned from the fear of the atomic age; werewolves feed into an instinctual panic over predation and man’s detachment from nature. Vampires and zombies share an imbedded anxiety about disease”. This quote I choice is basically saying that we define monsters as something that we are scared of all the time and that it represents a few things we face everyday.. But honestly not everyone sees the same evil monster of a certain fiction or non-fictional character. An example is that some people thought Hitler was hero and Joseph Stalin was a hero too. Some might disagree and see them as monsters from history. It totally depends on the person and their viewpoint of this “monster”  
Excerpt
Footnotes

Old New Date Created Author Actions
October 2, 2018 at 5:03 pm Pavel Nunez