WKSHP 92ENG, Summer 2021 4X02

active 2 years, 10 months ago
WKSHP 92ENG, Summer 2021 4X02
English
92ENG
Summer 2021

This workshop focuses on strengthening reading and writing skills, in order to help you achieve certification in reading and writing and prepare you for English 1101 (Composition 1). Every City Tech (and CUNY) student takes Composition I, which helps prepare students not only for other college courses but also for professional and community writing endeavors. We will focus on building reading comprehension and vocabulary, interpreting and responding to texts, scaffolding writing assignments, understanding clear sentence structure, and developing positive habits for collegiate success. Throughout our time together, your ideas and your voice are most welcome! This is an intensive immersion course that requires a significant daily time investment, attending class and completing work on your own outside of class.

Enrollment Requirements: PI of 50-64; or 46-55 on the CUNY Assessment Test in Writing, and/or 46-54 on the ACCUPLACER Reading Test; or grade of ā€˜Sā€™ in 090W without writing proficiency and/or grade of ā€˜Sā€™ in 090R without reading proficiency.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Jessica Penner

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

Join Our Course

If you're new to the OpenLab, follow these instructions to create an account. Once you log in […] See MoreJoin Our Course

Bridge to ENG1101 (aka 92ENG)

Hi Everyone, WELCOME!Ā  Here are your responsibilities to complete BEFORE our first class on July […] See MoreBridge to ENG1101 (aka 92ENG)

Meet My Feet

If we were meeting in person, I'd show you one of my favorite pair of shoes: Red Doc Martens. I […] See MoreMeet My Feet

No Comments Found

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.