OpenLab Pioneers!

• Another hopefull fix
  • #12358

Daniel Alter

Every page that opens seems to go to the top of the first page. Every time a post or comment is submitted rather than continuing on the same thread it jumps back to the top. Any way of fixing that???/
    I have to tell my students to scroll to the bottom in order to see the latest post.

Danny

#14143

Bree Zuckerman

Hi Danny,

Could you let me know the pages on which this is happening?

Thanks,
    Bree

#14144

Daniel Alter

Hi Bree, this is happening to all pages on the group course site as well as the front page of the web-site. I get the comment from students that submit their comment and then the page restarts up top. They aren’t sure if their comment posted or not. Also, after posting comment they may want to reread their comment or previous post, but they need to scroll back down to do so on the blog.

Thanks,
    Danny

#14149

Bree Zuckerman

Hi Danny,

What should happen when anyone posts a comment on the site home page is that when they click on the link to add a comment, the link will take them to the page for the specific post they’re commenting on, so they’ll no longer be on the home page. But, when they comment on that post, the page should not jump up to the top. And they should be able to see their comment, as well as the other comments on that post, as they scroll up.

Apologies if I’m not understanding you correctly! Let me know if I’m not on the right track.

Thanks!
    Bree

#14166

Bree Zuckerman

Hi Danny,

After testing out your site, it seems to me that the comments are working as they should on a WordPress site. Maybe your students could show me what’s happening when I come into your classes on Tuesday?

Thanks,
    Bree

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)